Friday, March 27, 2009

Cuisson en general!!! ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ

So it's almost halftime and I cannot believe how fast time has passed...

What is my impression so far?

There are times where I am glad that I am only here for one semester.
But there are also times where I wished I would stay here for yet another semester.

Currently its the latter one. I'm having an awesome time here. I love spending time with the people here and I love going to Paris and exploring this fabulous city. Although we only live in JJ, I still like it here, I like the nature and the calmness that comes with a small town like JJ - a good place to reflect over life and do a lot of sports!

So yesterday we had the Cuisson Dinner at JJ's Pizzaria. Everyone who didn't go, YOU MISSED A LOT OF FUN...!!!

We were there with about ~100 ppl? (and if it wasn't as many ppl, it def. felt like that in the small restaurant).

So what is a "Cuisson Dinner"?
Basically it's all about drinking wine (as always...). Every single time someone would start the "Cuisson" Song which goes like this: "Cuisson en Allemands, Cuisson en Allemands, cuisson cuisson cuisson en Allemands, allez allez allez!" ( yea I know, not the deepest lyrics you guys have probably ever heard, but while being drunk, deep heavy lyrics would not work that well - especially in French ;) )

Anyways so the translation would be something like: "Go drink Germans, go drink Germans, come on come on"
Every German person in the room had to drink after singing the song and of course the word "Germans" in the Cuisson song is substitutable with every other word, (Internationals, Asians, Americans, Canadiens, Chinese ppl, ppl's names etc)
...And so you guys can probably imagine that sometimes it can be a very big disadvantage if you are very diverse and fall into most of the groups they were singing about... *sigh*

Eating Pizza, drinking wine and singing the "Cuisson" song, everyone was pretty drunk and happy after about 5 minutes! ;)

But the party wasn't over, after the Cuisson we went to the POW (Party of the Week) and had a brilliant time. The motto was "Explorateur, Tomb Raider" and so I dressed up as Lara Croft ;) and got into the Party for a reduced price of 3 euros :p

my first conclusion for the first 5 weeks is:
awesome traditions they have at HEC, great education (ha!), very nice people, i hope it stays that way...!

2 comments:

nicole said...

good times!
Cuisson christina, Cuisson christina, cuisson cuisson cuisson christina, allez allez allez

Martin Linhart said...

We want to see a picture of you being dressed as lara croft ;-)