Monday, November 1, 2010

New York

In New York,
Concrete jungle where dreams are made of,
There’s nothing you can’t do,
Now you’re in New York,
these streets will make you feel brand new,
the lights will inspire you,
lets here it for New York, New York, New York

Only Day 5, but the city already feels close. 
In fact, after spending time in Berlin, Shanghai, Munich, London, Paris, Singapore and other bigger cities, the change and acclimatization to New York was not hard at all. Especially, as I have friends who live and work here, it gives a very familiar touch to the city - I feel good in New York! :)

Though, one remarkable distinction between New York City and any other metropolis is that New York operates on a totally different scale and magnitude. New York's streets are 5 times broader, the buildings 5 times higher, the lights 5 times brighter and the people's background 5 times more diverse and different... this is incredulous and I feel a certain feeling of timidness in this gigantic city, I have not felt in all the other cities - although they are big and vivid as well!!!
 
*
5 days ago...

When our plane took off the ground in Munich five days ago and while we were rising into the sky, I felt overwhelmed by emotions. In that instant I had the epiphany that I was about to realize one big dream I have worked hard and long for. 

Not the fact that I was going to one of the most prestigious universities in the U.S. was paralyzing but the certitude that I was apparently able to reach whatever I had set into my mind was sensational and conjured a big big smile on to my face while some tear drops ran down my face :D
- Honestly, I think everyone can do and reach things they thought were impossible to get, if they really truly believe in it and in themselves...


In front of Columbia University

Some impressions of the night out with the girls from my Paris exchange semester :) It was great to see you all! I had a fun time!




3 comments:

Unknown said...

hope u enjoy ur stay more and more! u always have my best wishes:)

Marie-Anne said...

first paragraph... you forgot to mention GVA!

Marie-Anne said...

and thx HEC IS ... ;)